The Church: A Healing Haven for the Wounded and Broken


Churches are not museums that display perfect people. They are hospitals where the wounded, hurt, injured and broken find healing.

Let us remember that the Church is not a museum showcasing perfect people, but rather it is a hospital where the wounded, hurt, injured, and broken find healing, redemption, and restoration. May we embrace our brokenness, seek the healing touch of Christ, and actively participate in extending His love and grace to those around us. Together, let us embody the Church as a sanctuary of healing, drawing people closer to the One who can mend every broken heart and make all things new.


Biblical Promises: God's Healing and Restoration for the Wounded and Broken


Psalm 147:3 (NIV):


"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."


Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV):


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."


Isaiah 41:10 (NIV):


"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."


Psalm 34:18 (NIV):


"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."


2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV):


"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me."


Psalm 103:2-4 (NIV):


"Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion."


Isaiah 53:5 (NIV):


"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed."


Jeremiah 30:17 (NIV):


"But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds, declares the LORD."


Matthew 9:12-13 (NIV):


"On hearing this, Jesus said, 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.'"


Luke 4:18 (NIV):


"The Spirit of the Lord is on me because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free."

Dear Heavenly Father,

We come before You today, grateful for the truth that the Church is not a place of judgment or perfection, but rather a sanctuary for the wounded and broken. We acknowledge that we all carry wounds and scars, both seen and unseen, and we seek Your healing touch in our lives.

Grant us the grace and wisdom to extend healing to others, Lord. Help us to embody Your love and compassion by actively reaching out to those in need. May we be vessels of Your grace, offering comfort, encouragement, and practical assistance to those who are wounded, hurt, injured, and broken.

May Your name be glorified through our lives and through the healing work You accomplish within and through us.

In Jesus' name, we pray.

Amen.